Situated on a hillock in a gently undulating landscape. It is depicted as a small feature (diam. c. 10m) described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a small hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 10m N-S; 9.5m E-W) defined by an earthen bank (Wth of base 3.2-4m; int. H 0.2-0.3m; ext. H 0.6-1m) with some bushes. There is a slight outer fosse at W (Wth of top 2m; ext. D 0.1m) but there is no identifiable entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.