Situated on top of a small hill. This is an oval grass-covered area (dims 42m NNW-SSE; 33m ENE-WSW) defined by a scarp NW-N-SE, which melds into the slope elsewhere, with slight remains of an outer fosse SSW-NW. There is a ramp entrance (Wth of base 3.7m) at SSE. The base of the hillslope has a natural scarp NW-NNE, which is represented by hachures on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.