Located at the bottom of fairly steep NE and NW-facing slopes in a gently undulating landscape. It is described in gothic lettering as ‘Toberboyoga’ derived from Tober Buidheoige - Buíochán (Jaundice) on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. It formerly had a reputation for curing jaundice but the well was defunct by the 1830s (OS Name Books, 104, 262). A slight grass-covered hollow (diam. c. 8m; max. D 1m) open SW-N-E is evident.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 26 February 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage