Located on a slight rise in a fairly level landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35-40m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a hachured feature on the 1912 edition. It had been removed by 1968 when no feature was visible (SMR file), and it does not appear on any aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 12 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.