Located on a low N-S spur with a canalised W-E stream just to the S. These fields are not depicted on any map but are visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: 307/ 1586-7) and some later series (OSAP: 2000, 2005; Digital Globe; Golgle Earth 19/03/2015). An area of about 6.5 ha (c. 16 acres) contains relict banks forming fairly small fields (dims c. 50m x c. 30m). Some N-S relict ditches drain the area from a small pond at the N limit into a small canalised W-E stream. One field at the W edge has a circular mound (diam. 6.5m; H 0.5m), and there are some relict quarries at the N edge of the fields. Cultivation ridges occupy much of the area, often confined within field boundaries. There is a possible house site c. 15m from the stream. It appears as rectangular platforms (dims 7.4m N-S; 6.4m E-W; H c. 0.2m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 15 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.