Located at the summit of a broad hill. A souterrain is described as a ‘Cave’ in gothic lettering only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map but no description is available. It is visible as a the cropmark of a trench (L c. 20m; Wth c. 3m) extending from inside the bank of rath (ME018-021001-) at E to the centre only on Apple Maps, which utilises a survey conducted by Bluesky International during 2018.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 30 January 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.