Located at the crest of the SE-facing slope of a N-S ridge (L c. 300m). This is depicted as a small rectangular feature on the 1836 (dims c. 15m x c. 15m) and 1908 (dims c. 20m x c. 20m) editions of the OS 6-inch map. It is a circular grass-covered mound (diam. 9.5m NE-SW; H 2.2 at NE to 2.8m at SW) with a stone revetment (H c. 1m) around its base that survives NW-NE but has probably collapsed elsewhere. The mound supports a single beech tree at the E edge.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Revision: 24 March 2023Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage