Located at the crest of a NE-facing slope. It is depicted as a small oval stippled feature (dims c. 23m E-W; c. 15m N-S) and described as a quarry on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map. It was described in 1970 (SMR file) as a slight grass-covered D-shaped mound (dims 20m N-S; 12m E-W; max. H 1.4m) which has been partially dug away at the W side
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 27 January 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.