Mound, some 27m in diam., badly damaged on SE, where it was quarried in the niniteenth century. Number of exposed stones on SW may be kerbed stones. Described in OS Name Book (1836) as 'a small moat which has a cave in it', suggesting that it contained a megalithic chamber; possibly a passage-tomb. (O'Kelly 1978, 63)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
This monument is subject to a preservation order made under the National Monuments Acts 1930 to 2014 (PO no. 2/1956).Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.