The limestone octagonal font (ext. dim. 0.74m; H 0.35m) with a circular straight-sided basin (diam. 0.53m; D 0.2m) and chamfered under-panels from the parish church of Slane (ME019-060002-) is now at the W end of St. Patrick's Roman Catholic church in the village. A cross (H 4cm) incised on one panel and the date 1717 lightly incised on another are secondary. (Roe 1968, 127)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload/revision: 3 July 2014Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.