Situated on a shelf on a S-facing slope within Brú na Bóinne, with a W-E section of the river c. 450m to the S. The cropmark of a ring-ditch (diam. c. 20m) is visible on Ordnance Survey aerial photograph (OS8, 1863) taken 25 August 1991 (pers. comm. Tom Condit). From an image made by Ken Williams in July 2018 the enclosure is defined by two fosse features (int. diam. c. 15m; ext. diam. c. 20m) and has four pits within the inner fosse that are as distant from each other as they can be. The monument is located in the NE corner of a field with Newgrange passage tomb (ME019-045----) 425m to NNE, mound barrow (ME019-049001-) and embanked enclosure (ME019-049002-) 570m to E, ring-ditch (ME019-078----) and embanked enclosure (ME026-006----) 250m and 370m to SSE respectively. The possible ritual pond (ME019-067003-) is 130m to S and embanked enclosure (ME019-094----) 330m to SW.
See attached OS aerial photo (OS8, 1863) showing cropmark of ring-ditch.
Compiled by: Caimin O'Brien & Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 17 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.