Situated on a NW-SE ridge in an undulating landscape. It is depicted as a large embanked enclosure described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a large sub-triangular field defined by field banks and hachures on the 1908 edition. This is a subcircular or sub-triangular grass-covered area (dims c. 46m N-S; c. 46m E-W) defined by a scarp (at W: Wth 2m; H 3m) and hedge. There is no visible bank, fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.