Situated in a hollow with NW-SE drainage channels c. 20m to the E and c. 80m to the W. It is depicted a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and as an oval hachured raised area (dims c. 60m NE-SW; c. 50m NW-SE) on the 1908 edition. This is an oval hillock with a scarp at its base planted and it is planted with trees. It appears to be completely natural.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019.Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.