Depicted as a hachured feature (dims c. 75m NE-SW; c. 60m NW-SE) only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a natural hillock (H c. 9m at SW) that has some old grass-covered quarries. The hill has been cut back at the base N-E-SW to create a berm or path (Wth 3-4m) defined by a scarp on its outside (H 1.2m at N to 2.4m at E) that rises up the slope SW-E-N but there is no indication that it was ever any form of enclosure.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.