Situated on a hillock in an undulating landscape. This is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map but it is truncated by a curving N-S field bank on the 1912 edition and is not evident W of this feature. The area is now grass-covered (dims 39m E-W; 33m N-S) with old quarries and their grass-covered upcasts, but a portion of an earthen bank (Wth of base 3m; int. H 0.5m; ext. H 0.9m) survives at N (L 10m) with an entrance gap (Wth of base 1.6m). It might be a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 10 January 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.