Situated at the E side of the SE-NW R154 road from Athboy to Kilskeer, c. 1 km SE of the village of Kilskeer. It is marked only on the 1908-1911 ed. of the OS 6-inch map. It was described in 1940 as ‘two square blocks 2 feet 6 inches square, 9 inches thick (c. 0.75m; H c. 0.22m), of which the topmost has a rectangular socket. On top is a bit of window-tracery, supported at the back by another bit of the same jamb. The sections are complex and the date of the stones probably late (SMR file).’ No trace of this feature remains.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 August, 2016Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage