Situated on a low hillock in a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 45m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as a hachured feature on the 1912 edition. A low scarp (Wth c. 2m; H 0.3m) survived E-S in 1969 (SMR file) in an area that had been quarried, and this seems to have been removed by 1995 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.