Situated on a rise in a gently undulating landscape. It is depicted only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map as a hachured feature. This is a circular grass-covered and slightly domed (H 0.3-0.5m) area (diam. 20.5m WNW-ESE; 18m NNW-SSE) defined by the lip of an earthen bank (Wth of base 5-6.7m; int. H 0.1m; ext. H 0.8-1m). There is no visible fosse or entrance but there is a grass-covered quarry on the perimeter at NE. Its visible profile may have eroded away by 2005 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.