Situated on a fairly level landscape and on the demesne of Drewstown House, which is c. 850m to the SW. A large stone (max. dims c. 3.25m x c. 1.42m; T c. 0.6m) was described (Adams 1958, 55-6) as lying separate from and probably to the NW of a large roofstone (dims c. 3.95m x c. 2.64m; T 0.75m) that was supported on two or three stones, one of which was broken. The tomb had been briefly described but not drawn by the antiquarian Austin Cooper c. 1790 (Price 1942, 125), and it was removed in land reclamation c. 1964. Herity (1974, 244) lists it amongst the passage tombs of Co. Meath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 February 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.