Situated on a fairly level landscape. A beehive chamber (diam. 2.9m; H 2m) and a short section of a lintelled passage (Wth 0.6m; H 1m; L 2m plus) extending to the E came to light during ploughing in April 1952 and it was recorded by P. Hartnett (NMI file). An air-vent (dims 0.25m x 0.25m) extended from the chamber roof to the SW (L 4m), the far end of which was excavated. The passage was destroyed beyond the lintelled section but the closing stone (dims 1.3m x 1m; T 0.4m) of another chamber was uncovered from the surface c. 4m E of the explored chamber.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 16 April 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.