Marked as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m ) on the 1836 ed. of the OS 6-inch map and as a D-shaped hachured feature (ext. dims c. 52m NW-SE; c. 50m NE-SW) on the 25-inch map, it is located on a gently undulating landscape. This is a square, grass-covered area (dims 42m NW-SE; 42m NE-SW) defined by earthen banks, with no visible entrance or fosses, or any indication of an internal structure. It is probably a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload/revision: 20 June, 2014Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.