Situated on a fairly level landscape with a small E-W canalised stream to the S. This feature is not depicted on any map but is visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: 306/ 1363, 1364), and on some later images (Digital Globe; OSAP (2017); Google Earth 18/06/2017). This consists of a low grass-covered mound (diam. 54.3m N-S; 51.3m E-W; H 1.4m) separated by a berm (Wth 4.8-6m) from a low earthen bank (at SSE: Wth of base 8m; int. H 0.4m; ext. H 1m) ESE-SSE that is largely reduced to a scarp (H 1m) (max. ext. diam. 72m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 16 April 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage