The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Bridge of three arches and causeway with two arches built, as inscription on parapet proclaims, by William Bathe in 1587. Built in two sections. Most southerly arch of causeway has wicker centering.Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage