The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 11 March 2011
In 1951 human remains were discovered during quarrying operations at a gravel pit in a copse to the N of Mosney House. There was no evidence of structural stones around the burial
and no associated finds (Cahill & Sikora 2011, 2011, vol 2, 405-6).
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage