Situated on a fairly level landscape. An oval embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 70m E-W; c. 40m N-S) described as a ‘Fort’ is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and it is represented as a sub-triangular hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This was described in 1969 (SMR file) as an oval grass-covered area (ext. dims c. 45m N-S; c. 35m E-W) defined by a fosse feature visible as a vegetation change (Wth c. 3m). An entrance was not recognised.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 27 February 2019
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage