Situated on a rise in a gently undulating landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’, and a sub-triangular feature is depicted on the 1912 edition. No archaeological feature is visible at ground level in pasture, and no feature is visible on any aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of revision: 28 February 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage