Situated on a fairly level landscape. This feature is not depicted on any map but a rectangular enclosure is visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: 1457 / 8) from the 1940s. It is visible on the ground as a rectangular grass-covered area (int. dims 24m NNW-SSE; 22.5m ENE-WSW) defined by fosses or moats (Wth of top 3-4m; D 0.1m) with thinner growth immediately inside on the site of earthen banks. It is also visible on Google Earth (06/06/2018).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 28 February 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage