Situated on a fairly level landscape. A large subrectangular to subcircular enclosure (dims c. 130m NW-SE; c. 85-90m NE-SW) that appears to have been defined by a slight earthen bank and an external fosse is clearly visible on aerial photographs (ACAP: V306/1457) from the 1940s and (GSIAP: N 75, 76) from the 1970s, but its visible profile had been removed by 1984 (SMR file). The cropmark of the fosse can be seen on later series of aerial images (OSAP: 1995; Digital Globe; Google Earth 24/03/2017; 07/05/2017).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 28 February 2019
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.