Situated on a small hillock in a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a small rectangular enclosure (dims c. 10m N-S; c. 10m E-W) with trees on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a hachured subrectangular feature on the 1912 edition. The area is now largely quarried but is growing trees and a straight scarp at W (L 18m; Wth 0.45m; H 0.3m) is 19m W of the line of a N-S field bank. It might not be ancient.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 17 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.