Located on a fairly level landscape. (Mason 1814, 91) noted that a considerable number of houses existed around the parish church of Rataine (ME030-011----) which have since been destroyed leaving no visible remains. (Graham 1974, 49)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload/revision: 5 January 2014
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage