Situated on a low NW-SE ridge. An oval feature (dims c. 50m E-W; c. 30m N-S) with what might be a pond attached just to the NE is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. An earthen bank (Wth of base 5m; H 0.5m) with a silted outer fosse (Wth of top 3m; ext. D 1m) survived in 1969 (SMR file) from the NW angle of a rectangular enclosure in an area of old grass-covered quarries and its outline can be seen on aerial image (OSAP 1995).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 17 April 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.