ME01370 - BECTIVE - Font

You are here Home  > Font >  ME01370 - BECTIVE - Font
Item image
A font from Clady church (ME031-019----), which was described by Wilde (1850, 95-6), was moved to Bective House for a period before being moved to St Mary's Church of Ireland church at Bective in 1953 on the occasion of its centenary (Roe 1968, 25-6). When the church closed c. 1994 the font was moved to the Roman Catholic church at Robintown (ME031-070----). Compiled by: Michael Moore Date of revised upload: 9 January, 2015 The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research. Compiled by: Michael Moore Date of upload: 10 July 2007 Amended: 6 May,2020

Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.

Monument Details

Address:
BECTIVE, Meath
GPS:
53.5953, -6.70322
SMRS:
ME031-010----
what3words:
alteration.marathons.recreating

Nearby Images - Geograph.ie

Nearby Objects - Europeana


Close Reviews

Leave a Review