The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Circular area (diam. c. 30m) surrounded by two banks and intervening fosse, beyond which was a berm defined by a third bank enclosing an oval area (max. dim. c. 65m). Disturbed in late nineteenth century (Macalister 1931, 39-43) and excavated by Ó Riordáin in 1950's. Barrow (ME031-033017-) existed between outer and middle bank to NW. (Macalister 1931, 33-4; TRIA 1837, 175)Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.