The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Excavated in 1950-2, the mound, 19m in diam. and delimited by a low dry-walled kerb, contained a curciform passage-tomb opening to NNE. Three recesses open off the large pear-shaped central chamber, 6.5m by 7.5m, now covered by a shell-concrete dome. Twelve structural stones bear megalithic art. Cemetery mound (ME033-028002-) and cists and pits (ME033-028004-) related to megalithic tomb. (Herity 1974, 253-4; Shee 1981, 220-2)Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage