The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Megalithic Structure Situated some 50m to E of passage-tomb (ME033-028001-) this site, on excavation in 1950-2, was shown to be a composite monument. It comprised an ovoid mound (ME033-029003-) with cists and pit burials (ME033-029004- and ME033-029005-) which covered, at SW, a small cairn (ME033-029002-) and, at NE, a megalithic passage with a transverse fosse at its SE end; both passage and transverse fosse contained burials. The primary finds indicate that the monument was constructed by passage-tomb peoples. (PRIA 1971, 35-83)
This monument is subject to a preservation order made under the National Monuments Acts 1930 to 2014 (PO no. 18/1976).Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.