Situated on a level, low-lying landscape with a canalised W-E stream c. 100m to the N. This is represented as a D-shaped feature (ext. dims c. 45m NE-SW; c. 40m NW-SE) truncated by a NW-SE field bank at S with a central quarry (diam. c. 20m) only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. This is a low and overgrown gravel hillock that is partly quarried. It might not be an antiquity, and the possible earthwork (ME035-015----) is c. 160m to the SE.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.