Situated on a level, low-lying landscape with a NW-SE section of a canalised stream c. 170m to the NE. This is represented as a D-shaped feature (ext. dims c. 45m NW-SE; c. 35m NE-SW) truncated by a NW-SE field bank at SW and a NE-SW field bank at NW only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. It also appears to have a central quarry (dims c. 20m c. c. 15m). This is an overgrown gravel hillock that is partly quarried. It might not be an antiquity, and the possible earthwork (ME035-014----) is c. 160m to the NW.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 5 July, 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.