Situated on a low NW-SE ridge in a low-lying landscape. This is depicted as an oval or D-shaped feature (dims of base c. 60m NNW-SSE; c. 45m ENE-WSW) with a central pit (diam. c. 20m) only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. This is a raised and oval, grass-covered area (dims of top 47m NNW-SSE; c. 23m ENE-SW; 41m) defined by a scarp (at WSW: Wth 10m; H 2.1m; at ENE: Wth 10m H 1m). There is no visible fosse or entrance and It might not be an antiquity.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.