Situated on a fairly level landscape. This feature is depicted as a D-shaped area (dims c. 50m NW-SE; c. 45m NE-SW) backing onto a NW-SE roadway at SW on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’. It is depicted as having a D-shaped pit or quarry (dims c. 35m NW-SE; c. 25m NE-SW) in the centre that is open to the road. It had been completely quarried away by 1969 (SMR file).
Revised by: Paul Walsh
Date of upload: 31 October 2013
Amended: 5 July 2019
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage