The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Reputedly built in 1415 by Sir John Talbot. Plaque in N wall bears Talbot and Furnival arms. Still lived in and not available for inspection. Appears to have vaulted ground floor with main hall above. Originally may have been higher The possibilty that this could be the remains of an out building belonging to the Augustinian Priory (ME036-048021-) should not be discounted.Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.