Situated on a prominent hillock is a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a copse or an area of scrub (diam. c. 60m) and described as Fox Hill in italic lettering on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and it is depicted as a hachured feature (diam. c. 60m) at Fox Hill on the 1912 edition. A low scarp was evident at N enclosing a large area with two beech trees in 1969 (SMR file). Evidence of this enclosure has not appeared on any of the aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage