Situated in a fairly level landscape. It is depicted as a small area of scrub on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a small irregularly-shaped hachured feature on the 1912 edition. This is an oval grass-covered and fairly flat-topped mound (dims of top 16.6m N-S; 5m E-W; dims of base 32m N-S; 22.5m E-W; H 2.5m at W to 3-3.6m generally) with some deciduous trees planted on a scarp (Wth 1.3-1.8m; H 0.5-0.8m) at the base.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.