Situated on a local prominence in a gently undulating landscape. It is indicated as a circular feature on the 1836 and 1912 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular and domed (H 1m) grass-covered area (diam. 32.5m N-S; 31m E-W) defined by a scarp (H 1-1.4m), with an outer fosse (at S: Wth of top 3m; int. D 1.6m; ext. D 0.3m) SE-WNW that morphs into a berm (Wth 10m) WNW-N. The scarp is covered in bushes and trees, but an original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.