Situated on a slight rise on the N bank of the River Boyne which is c. 40m distant at a point where the stream changes from a W-E to a S-N course. This is depicted as a rectangular hachured feature only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map. It is a rectangular grass-covered area (dims 59m NE-SW; 34m NW-SE) defined by low earthen banks and outer fosses with trees on most of the banks. The entrance is by a causeway towards the N end of the NW side. There are two rectangular house-sites adjacent to each other at the centre, with the doorways facing towards each other.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.