Situated on a prominent hillock in a fairly level landscape. A linear fosse (L c. 50m) aligned NW-SE is depicted only on the 1912 edition of the OS 6-inch map. The fosse (Wth of top c. 3-4m; int. D c. 1.5m; ext. D c. 0.5m) is curving around the base of the hill SE-W and may have been an outer defence for the rectangular platform (dims c. 19m N-S; c. 14m E-W) defined by low scarps at the hilltop.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 July 2019Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.