Situated at the N edge of a plateau and at the crest of a NE-facing slope. An estate map of 1826 (16 F 19 (2)) in the National Library of Ireland depicts a small embanked enclosure at this location, but it does not appear on any other map. No archaeological feature is visible at ground level.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 13 April, 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage