Situated in a slight hollow on a fairly level landscape, and on what was the demesne of Corbalton Hall, c. 450m to the N. The cropmark of a D-shaped feature (dims c. 100m E-W; c. 50m N-S) defined by a negative feature indicating an earthen bank W-N-E is visible on an aerial photograph (CUCAP: BGP091) from 1971. The perimeter is truncated by an E-W field bank at S, and this enclosure is represented as a D-shaped wood on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map, which is all that it was.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 13 April 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage