Situated on a slight E-facing slope. This is depicted as a small embanked enclosure described as a moat in gothic lettering on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a small hachured feature on the 1908 edition. It was described in 1969 (SMR file) a small, low, circular and grass-covered mound (diam. 5.5m; H 0.3m) preserved on top of a subrectangular grass-covered area (dims 13m N-S; 10m E-W) defined by scarps (at S: Wth 1.5m; H 0.5m), with a quarry just to the E.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 13 April, 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage