Situated on a fairly level landscape with a small W-E stream c. 50m to the S. It is described as the ‘remains of Fort’ on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as some ponds on the 1908 edition. No archaeological feature is visible at ground level in pasture and it does not appear on any aerial images.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 10 July 2007
Amended: 14 April 2022Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage