The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Date of upload/revision: 10 July 2007
Constructed of brushwood and peat interspersed with timber. Had three occupation phases and three successive palisades. Excavated 1934-6 by Harvard Archaeological Expedition and dated with reference to historical sources from seventh to tenth centuries. (PRIA 1950, 1-247)
This monument is subject to a preservation order made under the National Monuments Acts 1930 to 2014 (PO no. 32/1934).Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.